Super Extreme DUI
“Super Extreme” DUI is a relatively new offense under Arizona law and is vigorously enforced in Scottsdale. Essentially, if you are arrested for DUI and your Blood Alcohol Concentration is .20% or greater, charges of Scottsdale Super Extreme DUI will be filed. Many drivers mistakenly believe that Super Extreme DUI cannot be charged unless the arresting officers witnesses unsafe driving or excessive speeding. Nothing can be further from the truth. Even if a broken license plate light is the only reason you are stopped by the police, Super Extreme DUI charges can be filed if your B.A.C. is at least .20%. The difference between a basic DUI and a Super Extreme DUI could mean over six weeks in jail! With so much riding on the results of you blood or alcohol test, it is important to have a Scottsdale Super Extreme DUI Lawyer like Joshua S. Davidson who understands forensic alcohol analysis and, more importantly, how to attack it in court.
Super Extreme DUI Penalties
Under Arizona law, the penalties for a first-time conviction of “Super Extreme” DUI in Scottsdale are as follows:
- A minimum of 45 consecutive days spent in jail with a possibility of up to 180 days. (The judge is unable to waive or suspend any portion of the minimum 45 days).
- A 90-day suspension of your driving privileges. (In some cases, you may be eligible for a work permit after the first 30 days have been completed.)
- Approximately $3,180 in fines in addition to jail costs which can run several thousand dollars.
- Probation for up to 5 years.
- Mandatory installation and maintenance of an ignition interlock device in your vehicle for 18 months after your drivers license is reinstated.
For repeat convictions, the penalties are even more severe. The minimum amount of mandatory jail time rises to a staggering 90 days and your drivers license will be revoked for a period of at least 12 months with no possible eligibility for a work permit. Once you do get your license back, you will be required to have an ignition interlock device installed and maintained in your vehicle for two years.
Needless to say, charges and penalties like these are no laughing matter. If you are facing Super Extreme DUI charges, it’s absolutely critical that you retain the services of a knowledgeable and experienced Scottsdale Super Extreme DUI attorney who knows the ins and outs of DUI law and defense.
Scottsdale Extreme DUI Lawyer Joshua S. Davidson will vigorously fight your Scottsdale DUI charge and maximize your chances of avoiding jail time. As a former felony prosecutor, Mr. Davidson has a full and comprehensive understanding of DUI law and will put his experience to work for you. Mr. Davidson also has an extensive understanding of the science behind blood alcohol testing practices and can use this knowledge to identify and attack any inconsistencies in your case.